Yuvraj Singh is an all-rounder Indian Cricketer. He is a left-handed middle over batsman and slow left arm bowler. His first ODI match was against Kenya in 2000 and debut in test match in 2003. He had been given vice captaincy of Indian Team during 2007-2008. He was the Man Of The Tournament in 2011 ICC Cricket World cup and India has won that tournament.
With up and downs in his cricket career, Yuvraj Singh holds many records in his account which includes hitting six sixes in an over on International Level, fastest 50 in T20 International and in all domestic t20 matches, most expensive batsman to be sold in IPL Auction i.e. 16 crore rupees to Delhi Daredevils.
Update : In 2016, Yuvraj will be playing from Sunrisers Hyderabad Team as SRH Franchise bought him in Indian Premier League Auction for Rs 7 Crore.
His Biography :-
He was born on 12 December, 1981 in a Punjabi Family. His father, Yograj Singh, is a former Indian Cricketer. He had also won the National U-14 Roller Skating Championship. Yuvraj Singh underwent Chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer in his left lung in 2011 and was discharged in 2012 after completing the third and final treatment successfully. He has opened a charity named as YOUWECAN for cancer patient and has treated hundreds of patient till now. He has also written an autobiography THE TEST OF MY LIFE: FROM CRICKET TO CANCER AND BACK. He is engaged to Hazel Keech.
|Full Name||Yuvraj Singh|
|Date Of Birth||December 12, 1981|
|Major Teams||India, Asia XI, Delhi Daredevils, India A, Kings XI Punjab, Pune Warriors, Punjab, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Sunrisers Hyderabad|
|Bowling Style||Left-arm spin|
Yuvraj Singh Debut :
|Test Debut||India v New Zealand at Mohali, Oct 16-20, 2003|
|ODI Debut||Kenya v India at Nairobi (Gym), Oct 3, 2000|
|T20 debut||India v Scotland at Durban, Sep 13, 2007|
His Batting Records :-
Yuvraj Singh Cricket Records & Achievements:
- He is the first all-rounder to score 300 and to take 15 wickets in a single World Cup.
- He was the Man of the Series in 2011 ICC World Cup Tornament.
- He was one of the top performer of the ICC T20 World Cup in 2007.
- He has hitted six sixes in an over bowled by Stuart Broad in 2007 ICC T20 World Cup.
- In 2012, Yuraj has been awarded the Arjuna Award, Indian second highest sporting award.
- He is also awarded Padma Shri Award, India’s fourth highest Civilian Award, in 2014.
- He has been given FICCI Most Inspiring Sportsperson of the Year Award in 2014.